Friday, September 2, 2011

Long Live IP...

Rajarshi Mitra says - "Indian Policy completes one year in the web. I congratulate its coming of age. Surviving 7140 hits, some Google searches, 21 follows by apparently innocuous(!) individuals, some off the counter prescriptions (read promotions) we all did, and the occasional neglects (I have to own up to that too…I did it), IP lives, and proudly so. Sometimes the slate was wiped clean, and we knew well it was wiped clean, but inevitably felt lazy to come up with accounts of our ‘self-reflexivity’, but then not long later, we pleasantly smiled to find someone else putting in, filling in, owning up. Thus lives IP, as an account of owning up. We do not intend to soar above anyone’s Aeonian Mount, we do not intend to wave flags or light candles, neither do we pretend to be the self-righteous cynics, we are not intellectuals, we are individuals, all living inside our own warm cocoons. But sometimes we too feel like breathing in the fresh air, saying loud that we are here too. One of my Teachers used to say, ‘Live like a FLAME, if you live at all’. Libbe Lange IP!...LIVE LIKE A FLAME!

Of Grandfatherly gentleness I'm devoid,
there's not a single grey hair in my soul!
Thundering the world with the might of my voice,
I go by – handsome,
twenty-two-year-old.

                                             
-- Vladimir Mayakovsky

No comments:

Post a Comment